Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Silver Smithing Class at the Edmonton City Art Centre

I took a silver smithing class with my good friend Shelley and I managed to make a few things. The course was held at the City of Edmonton's City Art Centre which I had never been to before. It is bloody brilliant there - although it was darn cold in the classroom. I spent almost every class with my winter coat and tuque on to stop my teeth from chattering. The instructor was great and she was very encouraging with my projects.
Here is what I completed in the 10 week course.

 OK, its not much, but I thought I did pretty good for a first timer. Part of me wants to take the class again as I bought a string of stones for making pendants, then the other half of me wants to stick to the 5 hundred hobbies I already have!
Have you or do you do silver smithing? How did you get into it and what do you make? I am also thinking about buying a mini torch and playing at home - making things here. Do any of you have a mini torch? What kind do you have?
Cheers,
Carolyn

1 comment:

  1. I meant to ask you about your silversmithing pieces- they turned out just fabulous. I also checked out your Sister's Quilt. I can see why Nucleur Bomb loved it - You do such beautiful work - whatever you choose to create. I love the fabric choices and your design.
    Thanks for the lovely day- it was such a nice way to spend a Saturday. Enjoy your time in Seba Beach. I am sure the ladies are going to enjoy creating some new art quilts with you.
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete