Saturday, November 5, 2011

Frixion pen review

One of the fabulous people I met at the Thread Play class told us about these awesome pens from Pilot called Frixion. They come in a small assortment of colors and disappear when they come in contact with high heat - like your iron - or in a hot car. If you make an item that you do not wash and for some reason it freezes, the ink will show up again. But if you wash your quilt when all done in the machine just once with laundry detergent - it is gone FOREVER! MUHAHAHAHhahahahahahaaaaaaaa 
So without further ado I bring you the Frixion pen:
DA DA DA DAAAA The PEN!!

Ohhh and the pretty colors.
OK, so I drew the flower - then I stitched it, then.....

I ironed it!

Tadah! The pen is gone!

I used it to draw this pattern, then I ironed - now you cannot see from my pictures - but there is the faintest white line  when I ironed. 

It only happened when I drew on the darker fabric and my friend did advice that it may happen. I noticed that the white lines were less noticeable the next day - and I had to really look for them. I also noticed that if I drew, stitched and ironed all in a short time frame - I didn't really get a white mark at all.  I am not worried about it - I have a feeling it will fade away completely on its own, or it will wash out when I put it in that machine. If you are doing something with mainly dark fabric - this may not be the product for you. But if you are using light fabrics then get your self a Frixion pen and have fun. 
Cheers,
Carolyn

4 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try one of them as I hear they are really wonderful. Glad to read your review on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought these pens, at Staples, and have yet to try them. I have heard good and bad reviews. It comes down to the freezing of the fabric after using it. Well, I'm not planning to freeze my quilts. (I live in the south). I also thought it would be fantastic for doing embroidery on my dish towels. Very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Carolyn,

    I use these pens all the time now. I was so sick of the other ones not working. I would recommend them to anyone.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been playing around with these pens too -- they still sound too good to be true. I hope that ink really does wash out.

    ReplyDelete