Monday, July 18, 2011

Blocks for art and quilting awareness

My friend Christina from A Few Scraps is taking a sewing machine to Burning Man and they are making quilts and inviting people at the festival to create with her. Raising awareness  for our awesome craft.
She is asking people to donate 12.5" square blocks to help with the project. Anyone interested in making blocks (they can be totally scrappy, no pattern required - use up those scraps my friends!) please head over to her blog by clicking here, and leave her a comment.
Here are the blocks I have going her way.


Making these blocks has been great practise as I have to make one for the first Orange Quilting Bee group I joined. Hopefully the third block will be the best as I am off to make the Bee group block next!
Thank you to all my great friends who respond to this call, and to all those who just came and read my blog today!
Cheers,
Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I LOVE the first block you made. It must have taken a while though with all those different pieces of fabric. But it's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea! It truly is what the craft is all about - using the scraps life has given you. Great block idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete