Sunday, December 12, 2010

Getting it done!!

I am finally on a roll. It felt like spinning wheels all last month, but I think I am finally figuring these Christmas gifts out. 
The table runner / place mat set is 100% done, plus the gift for my boss - check it off the list!! She told me her kitchen is all neutral, with some little hints of sage green. So, I whipped up a very simple pattern using scraps I had actually scored from the last retreat I was at, and then using a fabulous green print (I had posted tis fab print many months ago that I was going to use for another project - I came to terms, it just isn't going to happen). Here it it:
My free scraps.

The back

Close up of the quilting - on back.

Close up of front.

I made this cute little strap out of the left over binding. It was just the right amount left.

I found this button in my collection, I was surprised I had one of the perfect color. 

And here is the completed project. I figure if this pattern is too much for her, she can just use the back as the top.


I think it turned out pretty good for a simple table runner. It measured about 24" x 12". I really hope she likes it!!


I have started a beautiful Christmas runner, but you have to wait to tomorrow to see it.
Cheers,
Carolyn

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is so cool and the tie is PERFECT! You don't even need to wrap it :)

    ReplyDelete